Warm Blackberry Custard
An elegant dessert with a layer of blackberries nestled under a warm custard "blanket"
- 1 pound fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-3/4 cups non-alcoholic sparkling white wine, divided
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Egg Beaters® Original (1 cup = 8 oz)
- Reddi-wip® Fat Free Dairy Whipped Topping and mint leaves, optional
- Divide 1-1/4 cups of the blackberries evenly among 8 (10-ounce) wine glasses. Press remaining blackberries through sieve. Discard seeds; set juice aside.
- Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup wine in small bowl; set aside. Pour remaining 1-1/2 cups wine into medium saucepan; bring to boil over medium-high heat. Stir in maple syrup, vanilla, almond extract and the cornstarch mixture. Return to boil. Cook 30 seconds, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool slightly; set aside.
- Heat about 1 inch of water in medium saucepan over medium heat just until steaming. (Do not bring to boil.) Set a medium metal bowl on top to create a double boiler. Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour sugar and Egg Beaters into bowl; beat constantly with wire whisk 3 minutes, or until mixture is thickened and more than tripled in volume.
- Add gradually to Egg Beaters mixture, stirring constantly with wire whisk until well blended. Remove from heat. Add about 3/4 of the blackberry juice; stir until well blended. Spoon over blackberries in glasses. Drizzle with the remaining juice.
- Serve warm topped with Reddi-wip and mint leaf, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||11%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.