Tomato and Mozzarella Frittata
A classic Italian egg dish made with diced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese and fragrant basil easily prepared in a skillet
- 1 carton (16 oz each) Egg Beaters® Original
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, well drained
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup cooked angel hair pasta
- 1/3 cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. Place Egg Beaters, drained tomatoes, cheese, basil and pepper in medium bowl; stir to combine.
- Spray an oven-safe 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan. Place pasta evenly over egg mixture and lightly press it into egg mixture. Cook 3 minutes, or until edges start to set.
- Gently pull edges back while tilting pan and allow uncooked egg mixture to run under the set portion; repeat this step twice. Cook about 8 minutes, or just until center begins to set.
- Place under broiler for 2 minutes or until frittata has puffed slightly. Top with mozzarella cheese and return to broiler for another 2 minutes or until top of frittata is lightly browned. Slide onto platter. Serve immediately.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||3 g||4%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||7%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||5%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.