Strawberry 'Scented' Pound Cake
Pound cake flavored with strawberry yogurt and fresh lemon zest, made healthier with Egg Beaters
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 2 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Egg Beaters® Original (1 cup = 8 oz)
- 1 container (6 oz each) strawberry lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Fleischmann's® Original-stick, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Reddi-wip® Fat Free Dairy Whipped Topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan with baking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. In second bowl, combine Egg Beaters, yogurt and vanilla.
- Cream Fleischmann's and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 2 to 3 minutes or until well blended. Gradually add Egg Beaters mixture. Then add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time. Mix until well blended. Stir in lemon peel. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Loosely cover with aluminum foil the last 10 to 15 minutes if browning too quickly. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool cake at least 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with Reddi-wip, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||9%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||7%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.