A savory custard enriched with the goodness of spinach in a delicate pastry crust
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust (9-inch), thawed
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 med = 1/2 cup)
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (10 oz each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 cup Egg Beaters® Original (1 cup = 8 oz)
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly prick side of pie crust with fork. Bake 5 minutes, or until lightly browned; set aside. Reduce oven to 350°F.
- Spray medium skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat . Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 4 minutes, or until tender. Add spinach; mix well. Spoon into crust.
- Combine Egg Beaters, milk, flour, basil and hot pepper sauce; pour over spinach mixture. Cover edge of crust with foil to prevent over browning.
- Bake 50 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 6 slices to serve.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||17%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||6%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.