Spaghetti alla Carbonara
Hot cooked pasta tossed with beaten egg, sun-dried tomatoes, Canadian bacon and pine nuts
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) dry spaghetti, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 pkg (6 oz each) Canadian-style bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 12 oil-packed dried tomatoes, drained, cut into thick strips
- 3/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add Canadian bacon, pine nuts and tomatoes; mix well. Cook 4 minutes, or until pine nuts are golden brown and bacon is lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Mix Egg Beaters, parsley, chives, pepper and cheese in medium bowl; set aside.
- Set colander over large heatproof bowl. Pour pasta and hot water into colander. Lift colander out of water to drain pasta; pour hot water out of bowl. IMMEDIATELY place pasta in hot bowl and add Egg Beaters mixture. Toss to evenly coat pasta and set egg. Add bacon mixture; toss to coat.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||7 g||11%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||8%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||15%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.