Savory Italian Stuffed Peppers
Italian-seasoned ground beef and brown rice stuffed into colorful bell peppers, topped with fresh mozzarella cheese and baked in tomato sauce for a wonderful one-dish recipe
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 pkg (8.8 oz each) fully cooked whole grain brown rice
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained well
- 3/4 pound extra lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped and divided
- 4 large multicolored bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and membrane removed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Pour tomato sauce into bottom of baking dish; set aside.
- Combine rice, drained tomatoes, ground beef, Egg Beaters, Italian seasoning and salt in large bowl. Add half of the cheese and gently combine.
- Place about 1/2 cup meat mixture in each half pepper. Place in prepared dish on top of sauce.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until filling reaches an internal temperature of 170°F. Evenly divide remaining cheese and place on top of each half pepper. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||28%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||22%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.