A creamy, spiced pumpkin custard served upside down with a caramelized sugar glaze running down the sides
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 can (12 oz each) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Reddi-wip® Fat Free Dairy Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray four 4-ounce custard cups with cooking spray.
- Place 1/3 cup of the sugar in heavy 1-quart saucepan. (See Cook's Tips) Heat over medium heat, without stirring, until sugar is melted and golden brown, swirling pan occasionally to heat evenly, about 10 to 12 minutes. Immediately pour equal amounts of sugar syrup into prepared custard cups. Tilt custard cups to coat bottoms evenly.
- Place milk in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine Egg Beaters, remaining sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in medium bowl. Slowly whisk hot milk into pumpkin mixture until well combined.
- Pour pumpkin mixture evenly into custard cups. Place custard cups in roasting pan filled 1-inch deep with very hot water.
- Bake 1 hour, or until knife inserted in center of pumpkin mixture comes out clean. Immediately remove from water. Invert onto individual plates and serve warm. Or, refrigerate 4 hours. To unmold, dip cups quickly in hot water and loosen edges with knife before inverting. Top with Reddi-Wip; serve immediately.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||7 g||11%|
|Saturated fat||4 g||20%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||3%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.