Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
A classic dessert made with on-hand ingredients -- a moist yellow cake topped with pineapple rings and a rich, caramelized brown sugar mixture
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 3/4 cup Fleischmann's® Original-stick, divided
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (20 oz each) pineapple slices, drained, patted dry
- maraschino cherries
- 1-1/2 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- Reddi-wip® Fat Free Dairy Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch round baking pan with baking spray. Place 4 tablespoons of the Fleischmann's in microwave-safe container; heat on HIGH in microwave 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread mixture evenly over bottom of pan. Arrange pineapple slices over sugar; place cherries in center of each pineapple slice.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, combine milk and vanilla; set aside.
- Cream remaining Fleischmann's and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until well blended. Slowly add Egg Beaters and mix 1 to 2 minutes more (batter may appear curdled). Gradually add flour mixture, mixing 1 to 2 minutes or until well combined. Slowly add milk mixture; mix just until blended. Pour batter evenly over fruit.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes at room temperature. Invert cake onto serving plate; remove pan. Serve warm, topping each serving with Reddi-wip just before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||14 g||22%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||15%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||8%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.