Philly Cheese Steak Omelet
A hearty, open-faced omelet generously topped with sauteed rib-eye beef, sliced onions, tomatoes plus Cheddar cheese and a splash of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced lengthwise
- 4 ounces rib-eye steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 carton (16 oz each) Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Hunt's® Tomato Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat oil in large oven-safe, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add onions. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add steak to skillet; season with oregano, salt and pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until steak is browned. Add tomatoes; cook 1 minute or until tomatoes soften and release juice. Add to onions; set aside.
- Pour Egg Beaters into skillet; cook 3 minutes or until edges start to set. Gently lift edges while tilting pan and allow uncooked Egg Beaters to run under the set portion; repeat this step twice. Cook about 5 minutes, or until center is set.
- Remove from heat; top omelet evenly with steak mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; place skillet in oven 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Slide omelet onto serving platter; drizzle top with ketchup. Cut into four wedges; serve immediately.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||11 g||16%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||11%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||3%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.