Overnight Three-Grain Waffles
Crisp three-grain waffles topped with fresh mango, blueberries and a hint of pure maple syrup--most of the work is done the night before
- 1-1/2 cups fat free milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup oat bran cereal, uncooked
- 1 pkg (1/4 oz each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® 100% Liquid Egg Whites
- 1/3 cup Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and chopped (2 large = about 2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Combine milk and the 1/3 cup maple syrup in small saucepan; heat to 120°F. Meanwhile combine flour, cornmeal, oat bran, yeast and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Add milk mixture, Egg Beaters and oil to flour mixture. Mix with electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute or just until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight; batter will bubble and thicken.
- Spray waffle baker with cooking spray; preheat. Meanwhile combine mangoes, blueberries and the 2 tablespoons maple syrup; set aside. Pour 1/2 cup batter into center of preheated waffle baker. Close lid and bake without opening during baking. When waffle is done, carefully loosen waffle with fork, remove and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with fruit mixture.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||8%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||19%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.