Maple Creme Brulee
A light, creamy custard infused with maple syrup topped with a crisp caramelized sugar topping
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
- Blackberries, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat half-and-half in small saucepan over medium heat just until bubbles form around edge.
- Whisk together Egg Beaters, maple syrup, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until blended. To prevent curdling, SLOWLY whisk in warm half-and-half until well combined. Pour mixture into six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in roasting pan filled 1-inch deep with very hot water.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until custard has set completely. Remove ramekins from hot water. Cool on wire rack at room temperature 2 hours.
- Cover ramekins with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Uncover just before serving; gently blot tops dry with paper towel.
- Sprinkle 1-1/2 teaspoons raw cane sugar on each custard; shake to spread sugar in even layer, discarding excess. Ignite kitchen/creme brulee torch and caramelize sugar 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar is deep golden brown.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with blackberries, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||29%|
|Dietary fiber||0 g||0%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.