Latkes (Potato Pancakes)
Tender pancakes made from seasoned shredded potatoes and served with sweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups frozen Inland Valley® Simply Shreds® Potatoes, thawed
- 4 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Original-stick (4 tbsp = 1/2 stick)
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened applesauce
- Beat Egg Beaters, flour, onion, pepper and salt in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in potatoes; set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's in large skillet over medium-high heat; tilt skillet to coat bottom evenly with melted Fleishmann's. Ladle batter into hot skillet to make 3 pancakes, using 1/3 cup batter for each. Spread batter into 4-inch circles. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned on both sides. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm. Repeat 3 times to make a total of 12 pancakes, using 1 tablespoon remaining Fleischmann's for each new batch.
- Serve each pancake topped with 2 tablespoons applesauce.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||3%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||5%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.