Ham and Cheese Toasties
A Monte Cristo-like ham and cheese sandwich, with a crunchy coating on the bread, that is baked instead of fried
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 large slices firm whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons Gulden's® Spicy Brown Mustard
- 4 ounces thin-sliced lean ham
- 4 thin slices Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread one side of 4 bread slices with mustard. Lay slices mustard side up; top evenly with ham and cheese. Place remaining 4 bread slices over cheese. Press down firmly.
- Place Egg Beaters and cereal crumbs in separate pie plates or shallow dishes. Dip both sides of each sandwich in Egg Beaters, then in crumbs. Place sandwiches on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut diagonally in half to serve.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat||4 g||22%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||25%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.