Fudgy Cheesecake with Cherry Sauce
Rich, chocolaty cheesecake kissed with a homemade cherry sauce
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 3 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed (3 cookies = about 2 tbsp crumbs)
- 1 can (16 oz each) water-packed pitted tart red cherries, undrained
- 2 pkgs (8 oz each) Neufchatel cheese, reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup vanilla lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 2 tablespoons Egg Beaters® 100% Liquid Egg Whites
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Reddi-wip® Fat Free Dairy Whipped Topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 8-inch springform pan with baking spray. Sprinkle wafer crumbs evenly onto bottom and up side of pan; set aside. Drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid. Set aside.
- Beat Neufchatel cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and the cocoa powder in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add yogurt, Egg Beaters Egg Product and Egg Whites and the flour; beat until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cheesecake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until chilled. Cut into 12 slices.
- Combine the 1/2 cup reserved cherry liquid, 6 tablespoons sugar and the cornstarch in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 2 to 4 minutes, or until mixture is thickened and translucent, stirring constantly. Gently stir in cherries. Serve warm or chilled spooned over the cheesecake slices. And top with a serving of Reddi-wip just before serving, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat||5 g||27%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||5%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.