French Toast with Sauteed Cinnamon Apples
Golden brown French toast smothered in cinnamon apples
- PAM® Butter No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 large McIntosh or other cooking apples, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Egg Beaters® Origianl
- 1 cup lowfat (1%) milk
- 1 loaf (16 oz each) French bread, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Light Cream, optional
- Spray large skillet or saucepan with cooking spray. Add apples and lemon juice; toss to coat. Spray evenly with cooking spray. Add raisins and cinnamon; mix well. Cook over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until apples are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until apples are evenly coated with glaze, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Beat Egg Beaters and milk in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Spray another large skillet or griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Dip 3 or 4 of the bread slices into egg mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides. Add to skillet; cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining egg mixture and bread slices. Serve topped with the apple mixture and a serving of Reddi-wip, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||3 g||4%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||4%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||20%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.