Fontina Potato Strata
A potato-based strata layered with roasted red peppers, leeks and mushrooms, topped with melted fontina cheese for a meatless entrée or a side dish
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) sliced mushrooms
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced (3 leeks = about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 jar (15 oz each) roasted red peppers, drained, pattted dry, coarsely chopped
- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese, divided (2 cups = 8 oz)
- 1 carton (16 oz each) Egg Beaters® Original
- 1 can (12 oz each) fat free evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir about 8 minutes or until liquid is released and evaporates. Add leeks and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes or until leeks are tender. Stir in peppers. Remove from heat.
- Layer half of the potatoes into bottom of prepared dish and sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Top with half of the vegetable mixture. Layer remaining potatoes over vegetables; top with remaining vegetables. Whisk together Egg Beaters, milk, salt, thyme and pepper in medium bowl. Pour evenly over ingredients in dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil, top with the remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts and is lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 10 peices to serve.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||15%|
|Saturated fat||4 g||20%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||9%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.