Egg and Pepper Sandwiches
This Lenten favorite is served open-faced with sautéed peppers, scrambled Egg Beaters and cheese
- PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup Egg Beaters® Original (1 cup = 8 oz)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices Italian bread, 4 inches wide, 1/2 inch thick
- 4 slices (2/3 oz each) reduced fat provolone cheese
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add garlic, green pepper and onion; cook and stir 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in Egg Beaters and black pepper. Cook without stirring until edges and bottom begin to set. Lift cooked part and gently scramble. Continue cooking until set. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Spray skillet again with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add bread slices and toast 1 minute or until lightly browned; turn bread over. Top each bread slice evenly with egg mixture and cheese. Cover; heat until cheese is melted. Repeat, if necessary. Serve immediately.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||11%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||4%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.