A reduced-calorie version of a rich favorite made with Egg Beaters; good served over fresh fruit, cake or French toast
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1-1/2 cups fat free milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit, optional
- Prepare an ice bath by placing a shallow bowl in enough ice to come halfway up the sides of the bowl; set aside.
- Place Egg Beaters in medium bowl. Combine milk, sugar and vanilla in medium saucepan. Bring milk mixture just to a boil over medium-high heat. Gradually whisk hot milk mixture into Egg Beaters.
- Return Egg Beaters mixture to saucepan. Cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until sauce coats back of metal spoon and is thickened slightly, stirring constantly with wooden spoon.
- Strain sauce through a fine mesh strainer into pre-chilled bowl in the ice bath. Chill sauce 30 minutes. Serve over fruit, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Dietary fiber||0 g||0%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.