Crispy Buttermilk Chicken
Tender, moist chicken breasts lightly breaded and baked to crisp perfection - perfect for family or company!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 breast = about 2 lb)
- 3/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® 100% Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 cup Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pound chicken with meat mallet to even thickness.
- Whisk together buttermilk and Egg Beaters in shallow dish. Combine flour, cornmeal, salt, black pepper, red pepper and paprika in separate shallow dish; mix well.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then dredge in flour mixture. Cook chicken in two batches. For each batch, heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 chicken breasts to skillet, cook 4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Place chicken on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink in center (165°F). Great served hot or cold.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||14 g||22%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||10%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||7%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.