Chicken Parmesan with Whole Wheat Pasta
An 'enlightened' version of a traditional family favorite -- uses minimal fat while adding whole wheat pasta and baby spinach to this yummy dish
- 9 ounces dry whole wheat spaghetti, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (24 oz each) Hunt's® Traditional Pasta Sauce, divided
- 1 pkg (6 oz each) baby spinach leaves
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread bread crumbs evenly on baking sheet; bake 5 to 7 minutes or until crumbs are toasted. Remove from baking sheet; cool. Increase oven temperature to 425°F.
- Combine bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, pepper and salt in shallow dish; set aside. Pour Egg Beaters into second shallow dish; set aside. Spray baking rack with cooking spray and place on baking sheet; set aside.
- Dip each chicken breast in Egg Beaters, then coat with seasoned bread crumbs. Place on prepared baking rack.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons pasta sauce and 2 teaspoons cheese. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
- Heat remaining pasta sauce in large saucepan over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until hot; add spinach and cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Add cooked spaghetti; toss to coat with sauce. Continue heating until hot.
- Place spaghetti mixture on serving platter; top with chicken. Serve immediately.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||11%|
|Dietary fiber||9 g||35%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.