Caramelized Spiced French Toast
Spiced French toast caramelized with raw sugar and served with seasonal assorted berries
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 cup Egg Beaters® 100% Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 8 slices thick-sliced white bread (Texas toast)
- Assorted berries, optional
- Spray 10-inch non-stick skillet or griddle with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Combine milk, Egg Beaters, cinnamon and nutmeg in shallow dish; whisk to combine. Set aside. Place sugar in another shallow dish in an even layer.
- Dip a slice of bread on both sides in Egg Beaters mixture. Place in hot skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Lightly press each side of cooked French toast into raw sugar; return to skillet. Cook 1 minute on each side or until sugar has browned and is crisp. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Serve hot with assorted berries, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||1%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||6%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.