Caramelized Onion, Arugula and Parmesan Cheese Omelet
An Egg Beaters omelet filled with caramelized onions, fresh arugula and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe concept developed by Art Smith
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Original-stick
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- For onions: heat Fleischmann's and oil in medium saute pan over medium-low heat. When Fleischmann's has melted, add onions; stir to coat. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. When onions have softened and start to brown, add vinegar.
- Cook onions an additional 20 minutes or until very soft and dark brown in color. Reserve 1/3 cup of the onions for omelet. Cool and store remaining onions in an airtight container for another use.
- For omelet: lightly spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add the reserved onions, arugula and garlic to skillet. Saute 1 minute or until arugula has wilted.
- Combine Egg Beaters, cheese and pepper; pour mixture into skillet. Cook untouched 1 minute or until edges begin to set. Gently pull edges towards center to allow uncooked portion to run beneath. Repeat twice; cover with lid. Continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes more or until center is set.
- Fold omelet in half. Cut in half; serve immediately.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||5 g||7%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||10%|
|Dietary fiber||0 g||1%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.