Caramelized French Toast with Fresh Strawberries
Whole wheat French toast with a delicious caramelized crunchy coating balanced with fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 cups Crunch 'n Munch® Caramel Popcorn with Peanuts, crushed
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- Reddi-wip® Fat Free Dairy Whipped Topping, optional
- Place crushed popcorn in shallow dish. Combine Egg Beaters and milk in another shallow dish; mix well.
- Dip bread slice in milk mixture, turning to coat both sides. Place in crushed popcorn, pressing slightly to adhere. Turn over and repeat. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Heat large skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat 1 minute. Cook bread slices, 2 at a time, 5 minutes, or until golden brown and egg is set, turning once. Spoon strawberries on each piece of toast. Serve with Reddi-wip, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||5 g||7%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||7%|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||13%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.