Cajun Egg Sandwiches
Scrambled eggs, smoked sausage and spicy diced tomatoes served on toasted English muffin halves
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup cut-up turkey smoked sausage
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups Egg Beaters® Original
- 3 tablespoons fat free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash ground red pepper
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 3 large English muffins, split, toasted
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- Spray medium skillet with cooking spray. Add sausage; cook over medium heat 3 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add onions and garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until garlic is tender.
- Beat Egg Beaters, milk, black pepper and red pepper in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended; pour into skillet. Add sausage; cook until Egg Beaters are almost set; stir. Cook an additional 6 minutes, or until Egg Beaters reach desired doneness, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, heat tomatoes in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the egg mixture over each muffin half; top with about 1 tablespoon tomatoes. Serve with hot pepper sauce, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||2 g||4%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||4%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||7%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.