Brunch Bread Pudding with Apple Compote
Individual bread puddings made with Egg Beaters, raisin bread and walnuts, served with apple compote
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (8 slices = about 4 cups)
- 2 cups fat free half-and-half
- 1 cup Egg Beaters® Original (1 cup = 8 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Original-stick
- 2 medium apples, such as Fuji, cored, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple-flavored pancake syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 8 oven-safe custard cups (6-ounce) with baking spray. Stir together bread pieces, half-and-half, Egg Beaters, walnuts, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared custard cups. Place custard cups in a roasting pan filled 1-inch deep with water. Bake 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Melt Fleischmann's in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add apples; cook and stir 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Stir in cranberries and syrup; cook and stir 3 minutes, or until apples are tender. Unmold puddings. Serve with compote.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||4%|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||12%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.