A savory breakfast muffin chock full of great ingredients--Egg Beaters, oats, breakfast sausage, applesauce, carrots and cheese. Eat some warm from the oven and freeze the rest to heat-and-eat on busy weekdays!
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/4 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 frozen Banquet® Brown 'N Serve(tm) Turkey Sausage links, cut up
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Colby Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 medium muffin cups with baking spray; set aside.
- Combine Egg Beaters and applesauce in medium bowl; set aside. In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt.
- Pour Egg Beaters mixture into flour mixture; mix just until moistened (do not overmix). Gently stir in sausage, carrot, cheese and green onions. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until tops are browned and lightly spring back when touched. Serve warm.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||3 g||4%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||5%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||6%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.