Berry Polenta Muffins
Tender, moist muffins made with cornmeal and a hint of fresh mint loaded with antioxidant-rich berries then drizzled with a fresh lemon glaze -- a wonderful balance of taste and texture
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1-1/3 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat free buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/3 cup Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/4 cups mixed fresh blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 12 medium muffin cups with baking spray. Mix flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together buttermilk, Egg Beaters, oil, mint and lemon peel in small bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Do NOT overmix. Fold in berries.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan; cool 5 minutes on wire rack.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and water in small bowl to make glaze. Drizzle over each muffin. Serve warm or after cooling completely.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||7 g||10%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||3%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||7%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.