Apple and Sausage Strata
A hearty strata made with sweet Hawaiian bread, sausage, apples, Cheddar cheese and cranberries all combined with a rich tasting Egg Beaters custard - a great brunch for family and friends
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 carton (16 oz each) Egg Beaters® Original
- 1 can (12 oz each) fat free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 large round loaf Hawaiian sweet bread, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (1/2 loaf = about 8 cups)
- 4 frozen Banquet® Brown 'N Serve(tm) Turkey Sausage patties, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, chopped (1 large = about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine Egg Beaters, milk, mustard and salt in large bowl. Add bread, sausage, 3/4 cup cheese, apple and cranberries to bowl; toss to coat. Place bread mixture in prepared dish; press down lightly.
- Bake uncovered 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese; bake 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||8 g||13%|
|Saturated fat||4 g||21%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||7%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.