Apple-Cinnamon French Toast
Tender cooked apples top this cinnamony French toast
- PAM® Butter No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons maple-flavored pancake syrup
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 6 slices cinnamon swirl bread
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Spray medium saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add apples; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Stir in syrup; cook 1 minute more or until hot, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Whisk together Egg Beaters and milk in shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Dip 2 or 3 bread slices in Egg Beaters mixture, turning to coat both sides. Place in skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining Egg Beaters mixture and bread. Top each serving evenly with apples. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||4 g||7%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||1%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||17%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.