Berry Polenta Muffins
Tender, moist muffins made with cornmeal and a hint of fresh mint loaded with antioxidant-rich berries then drizzled with a fresh lemon glaze -- a wonderful balance of taste and texture
Hands On:30 | Total: 50 | Makes: 12 servings (1 muffin each)
PAM® Baking Spray
1-1/3 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup fat free buttermilk
1/2 cup Egg Beaters® Original
1/3 cup Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1-1/4 cups mixed fresh blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 12 medium muffin cups with baking spray. Mix flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together buttermilk, Egg Beaters, oil, mint and lemon peel in small bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Do NOT overmix. Fold in berries.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan; cool 5 minutes on wire rack.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and water in small bowl to make glaze. Drizzle over each muffin. Serve warm or after cooling completely.
12 servings (1 muffin each) Calories 202; Total Fat 7 g(Saturated Fat 1 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 189 mg;
Carbohydrate 32 g; (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 17 g); Protein 4 g;
Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 3%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 7%; Iron 5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
May use frozen berries without thawing in place of fresh. Add to dry ingredients instead of folding them in at the end. Add a few minutes more baking time.
To make bite-size muffins, omit adding berries to the batter. Instead, place 1 tablespoon batter into 36 greased mini muffin cups. Quickly press 1 berry into each cup. Bake at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes. Drizzle with glaze after removing from pans.
Brought To You By ConAgra Foods(R)