A moist lemon cake drizzled with a lemon glaze served with fresh strawberries
Hands On:15 | Total: 150 | Makes: 12 servings (1 slice of cake with 1 heaping tablespoon strawberries each)
PAM® Baking Spray
1 pkg (18.5 oz each) yellow cake mix with pudding in the mix
1-1/4 cups water
3/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original or Egg Beaters® 100% Liquid Egg Whites
1/4 cup Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup sliced strawberries
Additional grated lemon peel and Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 10-cup bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan with baking spray.
- Combine dry cake mix, 1-1/4 cups water, Egg Beaters, oil and 2 tablespoons lemon peel in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened. Beat on high speed 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Glaze: Beat confectioners' sugar and lemon juice with wire whisk until smooth. Add water, if necessary, for desired onsistency. Drizzle over cake; let stand until glaze is firm.
- Garnish base of cake with strawberries just before serving. Serve with Reddi-wip, if desired.
12 servings (1 slice of cake with 1 heaping tablespoon strawberries each) Calories 269; Total Fat 9 g(Saturated Fat 1 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 331 mg;
Carbohydrate 44 g; (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 27 g); Protein 3 g;
Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 3%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 5%; Iron 5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Brought To You By ConAgra Foods(R)